Category: All About us
Governance is the process by which any organisation or group organises in order to be able to make decisions. In schools, this includes the governing body, who are responsible for scrutiny of decisions made in school and for driving improvement, and the processes and policies which allows the school to work effectively and appropriately.
As a member school within a multi-academy trust, responsibility for the governance of Chetwynd Spencer Academy ultimately derives to the Board of Trustees appointed to the Spencer Academies Trust. In common with all Spencer schools, Chetwynd Spencer Academy has a Local Governing Body (LGB), which is technically defined as a committee of the Trust Board.
The powers defining the legal relationship between Chetwynd Spencer Academy and The Spencer Academies Trust, together with the delegation of general powers within the trust, are set out in a document called the Scheme of Delegation.
The Scheme of Delegation used at Chetwynd Spencer Academy can be found here.
The Trust governor handbook can be found here.
A copy of other Trust governance documents are available here.
Please use the links below to find out further information about our Governors and their responsibilities
- Register of Pecuniary and Business Interests 2020-21
- Register of Pecuniary and Business Interests 2019-20
- Governor Committees 2019-2020
- Governor Committees 2018-2019
- Governor Committees 2017-2018
- Governor Attendance 2019-2020
- Governor Attendance 2018-2019
- Governor Attendance 2017-2018
- Governor Attendance 2016-2017
- Governor Attendance 2015-2016