A note from the Chair and Vice Chair
Alfie and Olivia - Our Vision:
Here at School Council our aim is to make everyone's opinion heard. We encourage equality and fairness throughout our STARFISH family.
Our community is a special place and we understand that it's ok to be different and we want to celebrate this.
What we do
New School Council representatives get voted in fairly every term. We hold our weekly meetings in Squirrels' Class on a Thursday lunchtime. We discuss matters and report on our classes ideas. Most of our meetings are run by Mrs Easton and Mrs Barratt but once a half term we have the responsibility to host a meeting as Chair and Vice Chair.
We also have an important responsibility with School Parliament. This is where representatives of our School Council meet with the other representatives from local schools. This happens once a half term.
Our wishes for the year 2016-2017
At the beginning of the year, we discussed our wishes for this school year. We would like to share them with you.
- We would like to put our STARFISH qualities into the community
- We want to work with our neighbours to make sure everybody is safe and happy
- Helping Hands was an important part of the playground last year. We would like to bring this back
- We are all good role models in school. We need to model our behaviour at lunchtimes with Lunchtime Helpers. For example, using good manners, using cutlery correctly and putting our used plates away.
- We would like to open the one and only Chetwynd Restaurant!
Our achievements so far
- We have worked hard together to achieve many things already. Here are just a few:-
- We have raised a whopping £260 for CLIC Sargent charity
- Contributed to the curriculum here at Chetwynd
- Designed a competition for the new school logo
- Have been part of staff interviews
- Planned and delivered assemblies and key topics such as Road Safety
- Litter picked at Manor Park
- Posted letters to our neighbours